As a student in school libary media, I am constantly reading books. Here, I review them. I mostly focus on YA, juvenile, and adult books that would appeal to high school students. While I try to keep up with newly published works, I love to reread and check out older works.
Monday, May 20, 2013
Virginia Reader's Choice Announced!
The Virginia State Reading Association sponsors a yearly "battle of the books" for primary, elementary, middle, and high school level books. Virginia students read them over the year and vote, usually through their libraries. You can read more about it at the VSRA website. The winners were announced last week, and included Matthew Cody's Powerless, a fun and original superhero story. Other winners are: Amanda Noll's I Need My Monster, Eric Wight's Rankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom, and Rachel Cohn and David Levithan's Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. I tried to read as many of the nominees as possible, but unfortunately they were so popular that I could only get a few from my public libraries. But, they're on my to read list, and look forward to taking my time about it. Another librarian who's read all the primary, elementary, and middle grade books for the last year says they are all fantastic.
Labels:
award winner,
book news
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment