As a student in school libary media, I am constantly reading books. Here, I review them. I mostly focus on YA, juvenile, and adult books that would appeal to high school students. While I try to keep up with newly published works, I love to reread and check out older works.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Hidden
Ellen Frost's Hidden has a thin premise and thinner story, but this story of two girls joined forever by a crime works at showing the redemptive power of truth and forgiveness. When Darra's father steals a minivan that hides a sleeping Wren, both eight-year-olds have a experience that changes their lives forever. When they re encounter each other at camp as teenagers, then girls have to overcome feelings of loss and resentment. While their emotional journey via swimming and other camp activities is simplistic, the story of the girls is a new twist on overcoming barriers and an incredible story of self-discovery. Older middle-school students with an interest in drama and secrets would find Hidden fascinating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment